Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans' Day

Do you say Happy Veterans’ Day? Thank you seems to say it best, so...

Thank you to all of this country's veterans and especially to my brother, Uncle Jack, Uncle John and my cousins who have served this country.

I decided to take Monday off, and with the Veterans Day holiday that makes this a four-day weekend. Of course, I have made plans to work on my new space. The area is now completely empty!! The rest of the house-not so empty.  “Hoarders” and “Clean House” should be knocking on the door any time now. 

This weekend, I will post the work we did last weekend and share an “oops.”  The next step is going to be the subfloor. I've been doing research on-line about the best way to go about putting in a subfloor and have decided to use a ready-made system. We'll be heading to Home Depot and Lowe's at some point to check out these systems. 

However, today my husband and I are meeting friends in Boston. They have only given us hints as to what they have planned for the day. What I do know is that the North End is involved for at least part of the day. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend! Can't wait to see what you've day. Hope you had a good day in Boston. :)

    ReplyDelete